Contribute Your Work to Virgogray Press
Thank you for considering Virgogray Press for the publication of your work. Virgogray Press is building a library. Promoting poetry, literacy and fine literature is a facet of the publishing business in which we are grateful to share the work of independent voices. We look forward to reading your work.
Editor: Michael Aaron Casares
Publisher: Virgogray Press
Carcinogenic Poetry is one of the oldest online poetry blogs. First launched in 2008, Carcinogenic Poetry has printed regularly, perennially, consistently inconsistent; the flagship publication in the Virgogray Press library seeks poetry that burns with the fire of the soul, truth, the poet’s inner resolve spoken to light. To eat away the shadows of lost reality. For at Carcinogenic Poetry, the truth is to lies like cancer.
- Send 1-5 poems (no length restrictions, though longer pieces will be reviewed on a case-by-case).
- Previously published work is accepted:
- Poem must be published by more than two calendar years from original publication date (i.e. poem published on March 13, 2020 must have been previously published before March 13, 2018.)
- REQUIRED: the following bibliographic information: publication name / date / publisher name
- Simultaneous submissions are accepted:
- Allow 2 to 3 weeks for response.
- Include name, email address, and physical mailing address (physical mailing address is for verification purposes only, though you may receive special newsletters and promotional items from time to time).
- Include a brief biography in the 3rd. Limit 100 words.
- Include a website and any social media you’d like to share.
Subject Line: CarcinogenicPoetry / Your Last Name
* By submitting your work for consideration at Virgogray Press, You understand, should Your work be accepted for publication, Your work is subject to reprint and/or archive. All Authors retain rights to their work; further consultation is considered during the publication process. Please allow 1-2 weeks for response. While we strive to reply to every submission, sometimes we are unable to; if there is no response after 3 months from date of e-mail, the author should assume their work was not accepted for publication.
- Send all submissions as an attachment.
- Send all submissions to VirgograyPress@gmail.com
- Be professional.
Thank you again for your interest.